Ron Williams - 2009 Insurance CEO Compensation
Ron Williams - Aetna (NYSE: AET)
Total 2009 Compensation: $18,058,162
- Base salary of $1,095,785
- Stock awards of $4,300,011
- Option awards of $9,887,890
- Non-equity incentive plan compensation worth $900,000
- Change in pension value and nonqualified deferred compensation worth $1,665,817
- "Other compensation" including use of a corporate aircraft, personal use of corporate vehicles and company matching contributions for a 401(k) plan valued at $208,659
Williams' $18 million compensation package was roughly 1.4 percent of his company's $1.28 billion net income, as reported in the company's 2009 annual report.
Still, his 2009 pay package was $6.2 million less than in 2008, mostly due to a $2.2 million trimming of his stock awards and $3.6 million less in option awards. Williams' non-equity incentive plan compensation for 2009 also was more than $1 million lower than it was in 2008.